Thursday, February 12, 2009

My head shave experience in thirumala-Shwetha

My head shave experience in thirumala-Shwetha

hi all!
I would like to share my head shaving experience in thirumala on jan22.My mom had a vow to lord balaji
when i fell severly sick due to cerebral malaria last october that she will get my head tonsured in thirupathi.I had no idea of the vow until late december when she revealed me of the vow.I was shocked for a moment and taken back.My mom made me cool and convinced me of the situation.I had no option other than saying'ok'.Finally we all
(me,mom,dad,my brother and his wife)started to thirupathi on 20jan.we got our sudarshanam tokens in advance at our home place for 22jan 2pm.we reached thirumala on 21stmorning.we got get accomodation at ram bhageecha guest houseno.2.
I was very anxious and nervous from the moment i stepped in thirumala.i asked my mom to rethink and if she had any alternativeto her vow.she said it is for my betterment and that if i dont fulfill my vow i would fall sick again.
my bhabi tried to console me saying that my hair will grow soon and there is nothing to worry as you are going to give hair to the Lord balaji.i was imagining so many things as to how to face my friends in my college or people on road.i from my
previous observations noted that people look strangely at gals who are tonsured.But i had no chance other than getting tonsured.
We all took rest for sometime and my dad and brother told us to get ready to go to mini kalyana katta by 11am.My nervousness started increasing.As per the advice given by many friends from the orkut i shampooed my hair for the last time so that my
head tonsure would be smooth.I wore a salwar kameez as my bhabhi said that if i wear t-shirt it would be un easy there at kalyana katta and also that hair will stick to t-shirt firmly.My mom tied my hair loosely with a band instead of plait as i will be going bald in no time.my hairs are waist length.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi swetha gud 2 hear tat u went bald cn u plz send me ur pics b4 da tonsure and after the tonsure my e ail id is rocklynj@gmail.com lookin fwd to it asap thank u god bless u

srinivas said...

can uj send me head shave pic of u

srinivas said...

my id is krishnaalapati@rocketmail.com